Kia Ora. Welcome to the Hora Hora Primary School Community. We trust that your stay in our area and your association with our school will be a long and happy one.
FIRST DAY FOR 2020
The first day of school for the 2020 school year will be Monday 10 February 2020. As per tradition, the day will start with a powhiri on the courts at 9.00 a.m.
ENROLMENTS FOR 2020
The school office will be open for enrolments on Tuesday 4 February 2020 from 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. This is for new students only. If you are already attending, you do not need to re-enrol. If enrolling, please bring with you your child's birth certificate and their immunisation certificate. Copies will be taken and originals given straight back. If you are enrolling a child with special needs, please speak with Cheryl Vallance, Special Education Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) 0800 4383080 as soon as possible.
Incredible Performance at Kapa Haka Nationals
Our tamariki performed brilliantly at the national Kapa Haka competitions: watch their performance here...
We will develop a healthy community,
where everyone is happy and confident enough
to ask questions, to think deeply and to make
We need to be able to dream,
to have self belief, to set goals, and to link ideas
in order to enhance our own lives, and to contribute
positively to our cultures.
The School Goals
- To ensure children have an educational programme which develops their intellectual, social, emotional and creative areas so that they acquire basic skills in and understanding of: oracy, literacy, mathematics, the sciences, arts and Maori culture, and while doing so, cultivate a desire to continue learning.
- To support the parents' role by helping children to develop respect for themselves and for others, and the skills needed to live and work harmoniously in a multicultural society.
- Given the wide range of inherited abilities and environmental experiences, this school will endeavour to ensure equal opportunities, and provide a caring environment that will ready them for life experiences.
- There are many broad aims of education and these cover many facets but basically we aim to help the children to become good citizens, able to lead happy and useful lives.
- The children are encouraged to develop good habits as well as acquire knowledge and skills. We hope to provide the children with the opportunity to develop their individual abilities and become well adjusted socially.