Kia Ora. Welcome to the Hora Hora Primary School Community. We trust that your stay in our area and your association with our school will be a long and happy one.
HORA HORA SCHOOL
School Board of Trustees Election
Nominations are open for the election of 2 parent representatives to the board of trustees.
All eligible voters will receive a nomination form and a notice calling for nominations you can use that form to nominate yourself or someone in your community.
If you need more nomination forms, contact the school office.
Nominations close at noon on Sunday 1 November 2020. You may provide a signed candidate statement and photograph with your nomination.
The electoral roll is held at the school and can be viewed during normal school hours.
As nominations are received, there will be a list of candidates names kept at the school up until election day, which you can view.
Voting closes at 4pm on Friday 4 December 2020.
Signed Tracy Beazley
We currently have 4 positions available that can be applied for. Follow this link or click on the menu at the top for "Staff" > "Vacancies"
Caregivers of Year 6s
If you are the parent or caregiver of a Year 6 child, it is time to start thinking about where your child will be going to intermediate. The choice of Intermediate School is yours and you must enrol your child in the school of your choice, Hora Hora School does not do this for you. Please check our Facebook page and newsletters for more information as it comes to hand. We want all our Year 6s enrolled for 2021 before they leave us, so collect the necessary documents (e.g. Birth Certificates, Vaccination Certs) and start filling in the forms. Please get in touch if we can help you with this.
Local schools that have Year 7s include:
Whangarei Intermediate School: https://www.wis.ac.nz/
Manaia View: https://www.manaiaview.school.nz/
Kamo Intermediate School: https://www.kamoint.school.nz/
Tikipunga High School: https://tikipungahigh.school.nz/
Mangakahia Area School: https://www.mangakahia.school.nz/
Pompallier Catholic College: www.pompalliercollege.school.nz
Incredible Performance at Kapa Haka Nationals
Our tamariki performed brilliantly at the national Kapa Haka competitions: watch their performance here...
We will develop a healthy community,
where everyone is happy and confident enough
to ask questions, to think deeply and to make
We need to be able to dream,
to have self belief, to set goals, and to link ideas
in order to enhance our own lives, and to contribute
positively to our cultures.
The School Goals
- To ensure children have an educational programme which develops their intellectual, social, emotional and creative areas so that they acquire basic skills in and understanding of: oracy, literacy, mathematics, the sciences, arts and Maori culture, and while doing so, cultivate a desire to continue learning.
- To support the parents' role by helping children to develop respect for themselves and for others, and the skills needed to live and work harmoniously in a multicultural society.
- Given the wide range of inherited abilities and environmental experiences, this school will endeavour to ensure equal opportunities, and provide a caring environment that will ready them for life experiences.
- There are many broad aims of education and these cover many facets but basically we aim to help the children to become good citizens, able to lead happy and useful lives.
- The children are encouraged to develop good habits as well as acquire knowledge and skills. We hope to provide the children with the opportunity to develop their individual abilities and become well adjusted socially.