Kia Ora. Welcome to the Hora Hora Primary School Community. We trust that your stay in our area and your association with our school will be a long and happy one.
School Vision Statement
We will develop a healthy community,
where everyone is happy and confident enough
to ask questions, to think deeply and to make
We need to be able to dream,
to have self belief, to set goals, and to link ideas
in order to enhance our own lives, and to contribute
positively to our cultures.
The School Goals
- To ensure children have an educational programme which develops their intellectual, social, emotional and creative areas so that they acquire basic skills in and understanding of: oracy, literacy, mathematics, the sciences, arts and Maori culture, and while doing so, cultivate a desire to continue learning.
- To support the parents' role by helping children to develop respect for themselves and for others, and the skills needed to live and work harmoniously in a multicultural society.
- Given the wide range of inherited abilities and environmental experiences, this school will endeavour to ensure equal opportunities, and provide a caring environment that will ready them for life experiences.
- There are many broad aims of education and these cover many facets but basically we aim to help the children to become good citizens, able to lead happy and useful lives.
- The children are encouraged to develop good habits as well as acquire knowledge and skills. We hope to provide the children with the opportunity to develop their individual abilities and become well adjusted socially.
Ki te tu he whakahaerenga mo o matou tamariki kia whakakaha ratou i ena mea katoa e pa ana kia ratou i to ratou kura nei. Kia mohio ratou ki te mihi, ki te korero pukapuka, ki te putaiao me te pangarau, me ena mea e pa ana ki te taha Maori, nga waiata, haka whaikorero. Kia hiahia ai ratou ki ako i enei mahi katoa.
Kia awhina te mahi o nga matua e whakanui ana i o raua tamariki kia tikai to ratou noho i waenganui I nga iwi katoa.
Na te mea e tino wehe ana te matauranga o matou tamariki, te tohenga mo tenei kura, kia hoatu kia ratou he mohiotanga mo ratou ki te noho, ki te tino, ako i ena mea katoa, kia arai ratou i nga tau e haere mai nei.