ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Hora Hora School was opened in 1893 on Maunu Road and was Whangārei's second Primary School.
The school roll from 1893 is available for download at the bottom of this page, thanks to Judy Burch.
In 1924 an Infant Block was built on a new school site in Te Mai Road, and the old school was moved to this site in 1925.
As the school continued to grow, more buildings were added and alterations made, so that we now have seven "generations" of buildings.
The four-class Junior Area was completely remodeled in 1984 and in 2017 a new two storey block of ten classrooms was opened, replacing five older classrooms.